German Institute of
Medical Documentation and Information
Phone: +49 221 4724-1
Fax: +49 221 4724-444
Coming by train
- exit the Main Station at the Cathedral site (Dom) and go downstairs to the subway
- take line 16 or 18 direction Appellhofplatz/Neumarkt (approx. 5 minutes)
- get off at station Poststraße
- go up the stairs (sign "Rothgerberbach"). Cross the pedestrian bridge (right side), go ahead 50m in Pantaleonsstraße until you reach Waisenhausgasse
- turn right, DIMDI is in the yellow building on the right hand side (opposite Martinsgasse)
- barrier-free you alternatively reach DIMDI by the subway station Eifelstraße (lines 12, 15): walk down Waisenhausgasse, after 300 m you will find DIMDI on the left hand side
Coming by car
From East (A3)
- at the motorway junction Dreieck Köln Heumar turn onto the A4 towards Aachen/Köln Süd
- at the Gremberg junction take the A559 in the direction of Köln Deutz
- Follow signs to Zentrum/Deutz
- Follow the signs to Severinsbrücke
- Cross the Severinsbrücke bridge
- turn left onto Am Weidenbach
- turn left onto Am Pantaleonsberg
- then turn left onto Am Trutzenberg
- turn left into Waisenhausgasse
- The DIMDI is located directly in front of you
From South (A555 or A3)
- at the junction (Autobahndreieck) Heumar (A3) or Köln-Süd (A555) respectively take A4 (direction Aachen)
- take exit Köln-Klettenberg
- turn right on B265 Luxemburgerstraße, direction Köln Zentrum, go street straight ahead approx. 6 km (Luxemburger-, Trierer-, Pfälzer-, Weyerstraße, Rothgerberbach)
- at the first traffic light after the pedestrian crossing within the sharp right hand bend, on the spot turn right into Waisenhausgasse
- DIMDI is at the right side (opposite Martinsgasse)
From West (A4)
- at the intersection (Autobahnkreuz) Köln-West A4 in the direction Olpe, Köln
- take exit Köln-Klettenberg
- ... see "From South"
Please use the parking garages in the vicinity because we do not have enough parking lots near DIMDI (see Parkopedia or ampido).
Coming by plane
At Airport Köln/Bonn, take the public transportation train (S 13) to Köln-Hauptbahnhof (Main Station), than proceed as described under "Coming by train".
By car take at intersection Köln-Gremberg A4 in the direction Aachen, Köln-Süd. From the exit Köln-Klettenberg proceed the directions under "From South".
Accessibility within DIMDI
DIMDI is designed for disabled access: Our entrance area and seminar rooms can be accessed via automatic doors and a lift. Our seminar rooms can be darkened and are equipped with projector facilities (PC and beamer) and an amplification system. A toilet equipped for disabled access is situated directly beside the seminar rooms.
Almost all of the office areas of DIMDI are likewise accessible with the assistance of the lift, which is operated using a control panel (also with Braille script).
Depending on individual requirements, we can reserve parking space upon request. Bus and train stations designed for disabled access are nearby (see above).
Our disabled employees representative is available to answer any inquiries you have concerning disabled access at DIMDI.