National Board for Classification in Health Care at the Federal Ministry for Health (KKG)
The National Board for Classification in Health Care (Kuratorium für Fragen der Klassifikation im Gesundheitswesen beim Bundesministerium für Gesundheit - KKG) acts as an advisory body to the Federal Ministry for Health on all questions related to official classifications in the health care system.
The main bodies of the German health care system are represented in the KKG:
- German Medical Association, Bundesärztekammer (BÄK)
- National Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians, Kassenärztliche Bundesvereinigung (KBV)
- Association of the Scientific Medical Societies in Germany, Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Wissenschaftlichen Medizinischen Fachgesellschaften (AWMF)
- National Association of Statutory Health Insurance Funds (GKV-Spitzenverband)
- Association of Private Health Insurance Funds, Verband der privaten Krankenkassen (PKV)
- Statutory Accident Insurance (DGUV )
- German Statutory pension insurance scheme, Deutsche Rentenversicherung (DRV)
- German Hospital Federation, Deutsche Krankenhausgesellschaft (DKG)
- Institute for the Hospital Remuneration, Institut für das Entgeltsystem im Krankenhaus (InEK)
- Federal Institute for Quality Assurance and Transparency in Healthcare, Institut für Qualitätssicherung und Transparenz im Gesundheitswesen (IQTIG)
- Institut des Bewertungsausschusses (InBA)
- Bundesarbeitsgemeinschaft für Rehabilitation (BAR)
The agency of the KKG is located at Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices (Bundesinstitut für Arzneimittel und Medizinprodukte BfArM).
The meetings of the KKG are not open to the public and the results of its work and meetings are confidential. Representatives of the Federal Ministry for Health and of Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices take part in the meetings but are not allowed to vote.
The KKG may publish its recommendations.
The KKG particularly discusses about
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10-GM, ICD-10-WHO)
- German procedure classification (OPS)
- German Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classification (ATC)
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF)
- Object Identifiers (OID)
The KKG may establish committees. At present there are
For the deliberations of the KKG and the working groups set up by the KKG, the KKG recommends the disclosure declaration for the disclosure of potential conflicts of interest:
Disclosure declaration (DOCX, 33 kB) (in German language)